Frame 7.2 and Vista

Phil Heron Phil.Heron at CODA.com
Fri Feb 29 01:17:21 PST 2008

Hi Edwin,

I do have Frame 7.2 installed under Vista but I haven't been using it
intensively on this platform - my primary working environment is still
XP.

There was no problem with the standard installation of Frame, but I
didn't install the included Acrobat Distiller as I already have Acrobat
8 Pro.

As I mentioned in my message to the Framers list, I was at first unable
to install the build 158 patch, but after trying the following
suggestion from Denise L. Moss-Fritch I was able to apply the update:
-------
Right-click on the patch file and select Properties.

>From the Compatibility tab of the Properties dialog, select "Run this
program in the compatibility mode for" check box and select Windows XP
(Service Patch 2).

Click OK.
-------

I haven't noticed any problems with Frame 7.2 on Vista but, as I
mentioned, I haven't been using it intensively.

Incidentally, I recently had to edit some old Frame 5.5 documents and I
was surpised to find that Frame 5.5.6 installed and worked unexpectedly
smoothly under Vista.

If I had had the choice, I would have chosen XP for my new PC. I find
some features of Vista extremely awkward, in particular the new version
of Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps,

Phil Heron