Unavailable fonts issue

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 06:44:18 PST 2008

Hi Isabelle,

you can also try the following:

   1. Save your FrameMaker file as MIF.
   2. Open the MIF file in a plain text editor.
   3. Find the missing font. Its definition will look like this:
      <PgfFont
         <FTag `'>
         <FPlatformName `W.Myriad Pro.R.400'>
         <FFamily `Myriad Pro'>
         <FVar `Regular'>
         <FWeight `Regular'>
         <FAngle `Regular'>
         <FPostScriptName `MyriadPro-Regular'>
         <FEncoding `FrameRoman'>
         <FSize  9.0 pt>
   4. Replace it with the definition of one of the fonts which are okay,
      for example:
      <PgfFont
         <FTag `'>
         <FPlatformName `W.Helvetica.R.700'>
         <FFamily `Helvetica'>
         <FVar `Regular'>
         <FWeight `Bold'>
         <FAngle `Regular'>
         <FPostScriptName `Helvetica-Bold'>
         <FEncoding `FrameRoman'>
         <FSize  9.0 pt>
   5. Save and close your MIF file.
   6. Open the MIF file in FrameMaker and check it.
   7. If the MIF file is okay, save it as .fm again.
   8. If necessary, import the paragraph or character formats from this
      file into the other FM files which have the same missing fonts.

Good luck.

Yves Barbion
Documentation Architect
Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor