cudspan dobatch plugin problem (FrameMaker crashes)

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 02:35:47 PST 2008

Hello and happy new year to all,

I have a problem with Chris Despopoulos'  DoBatch plugin from his
Cudspan series of plugins.  Judging from the mailing list he hasn't
made an appearance yet, but maybe somebody else can clarify.

We're using the DoBatch plugin to save several hundred files (in a
number of batches) as PostScript (in a watched folder that get
converted to PDF).  It worked perfectly while we were using it in
FrameMaker5.5.6+SGML.  However, since we migrated to 7.2, we're
encountering reproducible FrameMaker crashes when using the plugin.
The only available version appears to be 1.0.0.1 dated 17 dec 2001.
Has anybody else encountered this problem and possibly found a
solution to it?

Also, in case we are unable to resolve this issue, I am considering
using Omnisys' runfm.exe batch tool.  Would this be a valid
alternative?

Thank you in advance.
--
cheers,