different page numbering for the same files

Leah Smaller leah at compulite.com
Mon Jan 7 03:31:37 PST 2008

Good day mavins,

I have 2 books where book 1 uses files 1 - 10 and book 2 uses some of the same files (let's say files 5 - 7).

I want to set up the books (files) so that in book 1 all the pages are numbered consecutively, starting from page 1 in file 1.  Thus the first page in file 5 will be, for instance, page 35.

I also want the pages in book 2 to start from 1; here file 5 needs to start at page 1.

How can I set up the numbering so this happens automatically and the page number in files 5 - 7 are appropriate in each book without requiring human intervention.

TIA,
Leah Smaller
Technical Communicator
Certified Feldenkrais Method practitioner
leah at compulite.com

"What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery." (Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais)