Font and color in xrefs: strange problem

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 01:47:15 PST 2008

FrameMaker 7.0, structured, Mac OS X 10.4.11

I am seeing a strange problem that I cannot recall having encountered before. Xrefs are picking up font and/or color information from the xref target - or somewhere - rather than from the underlying text. If I manually zap them with 'default para font', all is well until the document is opened again, the xrefs are updated, and some (not all!) of them assume the wrong font/color again.

The xrefs are defined in the EDD as follows:

Element (CrossReference): XRef

	Attribute list
		Name: Idref 	ID Reference 	Required

	Initial cross-reference format
		In all contexts.
			Use cross-reference format: Page

Nothing unusual there. Where this problem affects the font and/or color of the xref, the character attributes of the xref itself show 'As is' rather than the relevant attribute of the underlying text.

I seem to be able to fix this by including '<Default ¶ Font>' in the relevant cross-reference format, but should I have to? Is this intended behavior?

--
Steve