Importing single variable values?

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:56:29 PST 2008

Diane Schaefer asked:

> Would this [importing a MIF fragment] also work for importing
> select paragraph formats?

Yes, it would work for that but there is a much more direct
approach that I think is a lot easier. Just make a special file
(consider it a template since it need not contain any text
content, although I always recommend using the body of
template files to self-document the template's design and
features) whose Paragraph Catalog contains *only* the
styles you want to import. Simple and much more foolproof
than poking around in the MIF code, IMO.

Note that this is basically the same as the "third variant"
technique that Grant Hogarth suggested in his post earlier
today. (I am really embarassed to have forgotten that
approach when I posted my reply in this thread last evening,
since I've been using the technique for at least 6 or 7 years.
Must be an early sign of what's-his-name's disease...)

Fred Ridder