Alphabetizing a generated list of Figures or Tables

Pete Rourke pete.rourke at reefpt.com
Wed Jan 23 07:42:09 PST 2008

FM8 Windows XP

I started from the book add>List of > Figures using the paragraph tag,
Caption, but I have not figured out how to put this into the reference page
(like what the standard index does) to do the alphabetical sorting.

Is there a special marker for figures?

I have 2 pages of 2 col generated List of figures (screenshots) and when
indexed are sorted in the order of the pages in the book.

Is there a way to have them appear alphabetically like the generated regular

Thanks

Pete