master pages and multiple revisions

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Tue Jul 1 15:02:52 PDT 2008

Deirdre,

There is another little trick that we use if the content of a page has
changed because of additional material on a previous page.

We create a new master page as before, including the date of the
revision, and put a change bar next to the footer. This indicates to the
user that the flow has changed but not the content.

This facilitates updating a paper copy of the manual by just replacing
the changed pages, instead of printing the entire book.

Clint

Clinton Owen | Senior Technical Writer | Crane Aerospace & Electronics |
+1 425-743-8674 | F: +1 425-743-8113