weird symbols in front of my Chapter Titles

Deirdre Reagan deirdre.reagan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 06:42:54 PDT 2008

Thanks Peter.

I tested this out.  In my TOC, all my Chapter Titles have the little
white box in front of them, and all my chapter subsections (1., a.,
etc) have a T in front of them.  All work as hyperlinks.

In the actual chapter, the Chapter Title with a T or a little white
box in front of it doesn't not work as a hyperlink.

All TOC hyperlinks connected to all chapters, regardless of whether
the chapter had a symbol.

None of the chapters with the symbol hyperlinked to anywhere.

So I'm left with the question -- why are these symbols appearing at
the begining of some of my chapter titles, in the actual chapter.

I'd like to delete the symbols out of the Chapter Title in the actual
chapters (not from the TOC) and see what happens, but so far I've been
unsuccessful in finding any way to delete them.

Any suggestions?

Deirdre