weird symbols in front of my Chapter Titles

Thu Jul 3 08:12:29 PDT 2008

Owen, Clint wrote:

> Generated files are hyperlinks automatically and don't need or create
> markers. The only way you will get a marker in a TOC is if you
manually
> create a cross reference to the paragraph in the TOC after the file is
> generated. This is not recommended!

That's simply not true. Assuming you set up the TOC (or other generated
list) with Create Hypertext Links checked, each and every generated
entry begins with a Hypertext marker. The marker text looks something
like this:

openObjectId 05-rv-adm-about.fm:2 2597

If you don't see markers in your TOC, either (a) you didn't select
Create Hypertext Links, or (b) you have View > Text Symbols turned off
for that file.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer