weird symbols in front of my Chapter Titles

Reng, Dr. Winfried wreng at tycoint.com
Thu Jul 3 08:30:21 PDT 2008

Hi Deirdre,

Please correct me, if I'm wrong.

Your markers appear in front of the chapter titles
but not in the TOC, don't they?
When a TOC has hyperlinks to headings, hyperlink markers
are created only in the TOC. Therefore the markers in
front of the chapter titles must be something different.

The boxes in front of the chapter titles aren't markers.
They might be any character, which cannot be displayed
properly. Eventually because they use a font which is not
available. (Do you get any error messages when you open
the file?) Can you copy such a box and paste it into
another application (e.g. Word) and assign Arial to see
what this might be?

If you cannot select such a box it might be in the paragraph
numbering.

Best regards

Winfried