TOC within a chapter

Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC Darren.Butler.ctr at Robins.af.mil
Mon Jul 7 05:57:15 PDT 2008

Thanx Yves,

In this case, updating each chapter individually is what we want. I didn't own a copy of FrameScript until recently, so I'll create a script for those clients who also have FS. The rest of them will have to import the TOC for each chapter.

Anyone else have a 3rd option?

-----Original Message-----
From: Yves Barbion [mailto:yves.barbion at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:44 AM
To: Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC
Cc: framers at frameusers.com
Subject: Re: TOC within a chapter

Hi Darren,

yes, you can generate standalone TOCs and import them by reference into a chapter, but you'll have to update and check each chapter individually each time you add, remove or change titles in that chapter.

Like Art said the ChapterTOC Framescript is the easiest but also the best solution. You can even run it on complete FM books.

Cheers

--
Yves Barbion • Managing Director Scripto • Adobe-Certified FrameMaker Instructor
www.scripto.nu • skype: yves.barbion • T: +32 494 12 01 89