TOC within a chapter

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Mon Jul 7 06:16:44 PDT 2008

Hi Darren,

Those that won't buy FrameScript will have to settle for either manual
method: inserting cross-references to make a chapter TOC, or using Special >
Table of Contents to generate a TOC and then import it by reference into the
chapter. Considering the significant time savings that a script would bring
every time it is used, the "won't buy" argument doesn't make any sense to
me. Any serious FrameMaker shop should consider FrameScript as an essential
plugin, especially at the bargain price of $149/seat.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

Unfortunately, some of my
clients do not have the FrameScript program and a few of them have no
plans to purchase it. Therefore, I need a plan "B."
I'm considering generating the TOC to a separate file, then importing
the TOC as a text inset.

Any thoughts on this?