Character Designer Modification

Michael Zaichenko biozaichenko at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 07:11:46 PDT 2008

Hello there,
did anyone come across a way to modify the Character Designer (more precise - add options to it). Some time ago I managed to change the font (using a Hex Editor) in it and the width of the boxes (actually this one was done by someone else before me). I.e. I can see Greek text in my dialogs (I can also set it up to display russian characters if I wanted to).
Anyhow, what I'm trying to accomplish is to add Vertical and Horizontal Kern input boxes to the Character Designer. I know, I know, Pubs-Tools worked out a way to fiddle those but I want something more down to earth and not requiring additional plugs.

Ideas?

Michael