Paragraph Designer Shortcut Key

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 10:50:27 PDT 2008

Callie Bertsche wrote:

> ... I cannot use the preset CTRL-M to bring up the Paragraph
> Designer dialog. I wonder if my FrameMaker app has CTRL-M set to some
> other function, and yet when I hit CTRL-M repeatedly (in frustration),
> (seemingly) nothing happens. Where can I adjust my keyboard shortcuts?
> In FrameMaker somewhere? Anywhere? Agh!

Windows Control-key shortcuts are defined in a configuration file called
wincmd.cfg, which is located in the fminit\configui folder within your
FrameMaker installation directory. There is no way to set or change these
shortcuts from the GUI, so unless you have modified the wincmd.cfg file,
some other application or utility must be intercepting the Ctrl+M key
combination before FrameMaker ever sees it.  Do you have a screenshot
utility installed?  A macro utility?  A keyboard mapping utility?  Are you
using any Windows accessibility features?  Any of those are likely culprits
for intercepting certain Control-key commands before regular applications
have a chance to act on them.

But even if you don't track down what's intercepting Ctrl+M, you should
still be able to use the Alt, o, p, d key sequence.  Not as convenient as
Ctrl+M, but at least you don't have to reach for the mouse.

-Fred Ridder