question about overrides

Fri Jul 11 07:06:27 PDT 2008

David Shaked (Wernick) wrote:

> Is there a way to find overrides, other than examining each paragraph
> individually?

Silicon Prarie's Paragraph Tools and Character Tools do this (among many
other things).

http://www.siliconprairiesoftware.com/

> Is there a way to remove all overrides from a document in a single
> operation? I guess one way is to import to a new document and select
the
> option to remove format overrides. Is that the best way?

You can import formats from the current document, with remove overrides
selected, to restore the doc's own format definitions to its contents.

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer