default metadata

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Fri Jul 25 00:59:45 PDT 2008

Jon,

You wrote:

>We regularly update our PDFs from our FrameMaker Book files. However,
>each time we do, we have to enter the document description in the
>Acrobat Document Properties dialog box. Is there a way for us to define
>the metadata in FM such that Acrobat populates the Document Property
>fields each time we create a new PDF? FrameScript perhaps?
>
>We are using unstructured FM 7.2 and Acrobat 8.0 on Windows XP Pro.

When saving as PDF (or creating a PS file with "Generate Acrobat Data"
turned): the Author, Title, Subject and Keywords fields can be set once in
FrameMaker (File > File Info) -- at the book level (if you convert the book
to a single PDF), or at the chapter level (when a book is converted to
separate chapter PDFs) -- and populate the corresponding fields in  PDFs.

See http://www.microtype.com/ImprovePDF01.html for information on other
fields and additional options.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants