FrameMaker with WebWorks?

Ric Mosley ricmos at emuarts.com
Mon Jul 28 06:20:55 PDT 2008

Callie,

If you have FM8.x, make sure that WebWorks is not opening it in the background as you attempt to build your help.  It was doing that.

The fix was to make sure that you had FM 7.x open before the build, and then Webworks would use that version.

Ric
__________________

Hello Fellow Framers,

I'm wondering if others who use WebWorks as their online help software
in conjunction with FrameMaker have discovered whether WebWorks has
fixed their glitch that WW 9.2 does not work with FM (7.2, in our case).
We use FM 7.2 for documents, and WW 9.1 for online help, because we
can't get WW 9.2 to recognize FM files (we just get an error. Rough
translation: "Need to update file. Okay?" [Self hits Okay] "Cannot open
project. Alien file format." [WW crash] Have others solved this by
upgrading to FM 8.0? Just curious.

Callie Bertsche
Technical Writer
Phone: 425.653.1200 x269