FM updates on Adobe website not complete

Michael Müller-Hillebrand mmh at cap-studio.de
Sun Jun 1 06:07:51 PDT 2008

Hi Klaus,

I collected all available updates on my website:

<http://cap-studio.de/wp/index.php/2008/06/framemaker-804/>

Due to unknown processes it takes a while for all stuff to finally
appear on the website. One can easily imagine that there is no direct
access to the adobe.com website content, everything is (most
probably) created on a staging server and then, after some final
approvement process, uploaded to the public server. Those processes
are not executed every day, because the QA load would be too heavy. I
guess... wild guesses...

- Michael

Am 31.05.2008 um 15:32 schrieb Klaus Daube:

> Dear all,
>
> Is there a policy by Adobe when to provide FM updates on their web-
> page
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?
> product=22&platform=Windows ?
>
> Although there is talk about 8.0.4 only 8.0.2 is available there.
>
> I'm generally not a fan of automatic updates of software - i want
> to have control over
> my PC and its programs. Sometimes I can catch the files in the temp
> directory (and put
> them into a special folder: has_been_installed) - but with short
> updates this is
> impossible. I'm not fast enough finding them...
>
> So my question to Adobe is: is there a policy about the updates
> presented on the
> support page?
>
> Regards
> Klaus Daube

Michael Müller-Hillebrand: Dokumentation Technology
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Consulting and Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog [de]: http://cap-studio.de/