Running Header in a Continued File?

Pat Fortino patfortino at writenowdesign.com
Sun Jun 1 16:17:03 PDT 2008

Hi John,

I tried the method you described and it works. However, I want it use the Range Indicator is "Until changed" This requires that I specify and end paragraph style, but the frame instructions don't say where to enter the second para style or if you need to use some separator; eg a ; or :.

Where
do you enter the second (ending) paragraph style; eg, you said you used
StartLandscape and FinishLandscape. Do you put both in the first
column? Do they need any special separator? I tried putting both in the first column, but that didn't work.

Pat,

Another way of skinning this particular cat works without needing to
split chapter files (on Frame from 7.x anyway).

It boils down to adding particular parastyles to the
UnstructMasterPageMaps table on Reference pages and selecting Apply
Master Pages when you Update the book. Whenever the Update sees the
first parastyle, it changes the Master page used to your Landscape; and
returns to the standard Left/Right Masters when it sees the second
parastyle.

We use it on Single-sided books with excellent results by adding two new
paragraph styles (StartLandscape and FinishLandscape). I think it might
be more difficult with Double-sided docs.

In the FM 8 help, the full instructos are in "To assign a master page to
body pages on which a paragraph tag appears".

HTH

jjj

Two down: only George to go!
John Pitt, technical writer