Framers Digest, Vol 32, Issue 4

Steven Miller Steven.Miller at marketlive.com
Wed Jun 4 09:30:11 PDT 2008

If you use a unique paragraph tag for the lists, you can generate an APL
(alphabetical list of paragraphs) as a separate file....

From: "Deirdre Reagan" <deirdre.reagan at gmail.com>
Subject: sorting lists
To: "Frame Users" <framers at lists.frameusers.com>

Hi all!

I'm running Framemaker 8.0 on an XP PC.

In our document, we have an illustration of an assembly, then a list
of the parts that make up that assembly.  If we have three
illustrations, then we have three parts lists.

We also want a master list of all the parts lists.  Currently, we take
the three parts lists, transfer them to Excel, combine them and sort
them in Excel, then bring them back to Framemaker.

Is there some way to do this work in Framemaker?

Thanks!

Deirdre