Printing Error with FM

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 11:16:12 PDT 2008

Hi Dov,

This is new to me, as it has been stressed on many occations that the
EPS should be saved as PS language level 3. Almost all my EPSs are.
Could this be the thing that is causing me all the trouble these days
(see message thread "FM Crash chapter 4 page 5")?

Regards,

Bodvar

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Dov Isaacs <isaacs at adobe.com> wrote:
> .EPS files are "Encapsulated PostScript" containing a low resolution
> TIFF header and PostScript text. In the case of EPS saved from
> Illustrator, certain "private data" is stored in comments in the
> PostScript text from which Illustrator can properly "reopen" and "edit"
> the EPS files saved from Illustrator.
>
> If you are having problems with EPS files saved from Adobe Illustrator,
> check and make sure you are saving them as PostScript language level 2
> as opposed to PostScript language level 3. That is most likely the cause
> of your problems!
>
>        - Dov

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.