Strange Frame to PDF problem

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:32:32 PDT 2008

Dave Stamm wrote (in part):

> I'm not so sure it's a problem with Acrobat. I think it might be with
> FrameMaker. Or, more-precisely, with the name of the .fm file.
> I've encountered this problem a few times. After trying every other
> solution, I shortened the name of the .fm file to not more than
> _eight_letters_. Then, FrameMaker was happy and performed as otherwise
> expected.

I've used lots of filenames longer than eight characters, but I do recall
encountering problems when other writers have included spaces in their
filenames or have paths that include directories with spaces in their
names. Windows uses a kludge to allow users to include spaces and
it can definitely bite you in the backside when using apps that exist on
multiple platforms. Spaces are evil.

-FR