Widow Word on Widow Line . . .

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Fri Jun 6 20:43:15 PDT 2008

At 02:41 PM 6/6/2008, Richard Doll wrote:
>...replace this "found" space with the character entity   as defined in
>the ISOnum file.
>What results is text of "\x11" which is exactly what the 7.2 Quick Reference
>p3.4 says to use in Standard Character Set Input.
>Page 1.12 - Finding and Changing Special Characters says . . . to find
>NoBreakSpace . . . type \[space].
>
>Is there something missing in my "SGML/Open" process or, is this a bug
>Should I just Search for the text \x11 and replace each occurrence with
>\[space] or Esc[space]h or Cntrl[space].

Dick,
   Have you opened the SGML document with the   entity references? Are
there error messages? Do the non-breaking spaces import into the document?
How do they look?
   There are different ways to represent the non-breaking space character.
Internally, FrameMaker uses character code 0x11 (which is sometimes written
\x11). To enter the character into a FrameMaker document, you can type the
sequence Esc space h or Ctrl-space. To enter the character into a dialog
box (such as the Find/Change dialog box), type \ followed by a space. To
see non-breaking spaces in the FrameMaker document, turn on text symbols
(View > Text Symbols). The non-breaking space looks like the bottom half of
a little square.
         --Lynne

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284