best graphic type to use for WINhelp4

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Sat Jun 7 12:34:53 PDT 2008

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:45:40 -0500, "Bruce Megan (Telex)"
<Megan.Bruce at us.bosch.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know the best file type and resolution to use for graphics
>(screen shots) in RoboHelp (WinHelp4). I am running XP with Robohelp for
>Word 6.

The format WinHelp likes best is WMF, which can contain both vector
and bitmap elements.  However, if you are using WinHelp in 16-bit
Windows systems (Win95, Win98, ME), there's a memory leak in the
system code that displays WMFs that results in strange display
behavior; in that case, it's better to use BMPs.  For screenshots,
use the same resolution at which they were taken, 96DPI; more or
less will result in unreadable text.

HTH!