Blank Pages in Online Help

meg miranda megmiranda at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 17:05:42 PDT 2008

I ran into a bug recently where I saw no blank pages, but they appeared in a PDF generated using automated scripts.
Here was what happened:
template 1 ws converted to template 2 and then template 3 using Framescript.  Somehow the framescript introduced a bug in one of the tables whereby content in the table was duplicated on 2 pages.  This was only apparent in the Frame document when you highlighted the entire table.  The table had to be deleted and re-created. Then the mystery page went away.
Depending on what you are using to generate online help, I could see the tool adding the blank page because the ending chapter paragraph tag is empty, or because like you say you have the doc set to print double-sided.
-meg