adding user variables to the TOC

Deirdre Reagan deirdre.reagan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:44:14 PDT 2008

Hi all:

I'm on FM 8.0, Windows XP and I just returned from a training course
using Adobe FrameMaker 7.0 Classroom in a Book.  A lot of people have
recommended that book; I concur.  It's a great basic training book.

I have to create a TOC and one of items I want to list in the TOC is a
user variable that is located on the master page of my chapters.  Is
it possible to have the TOC pick up a user variable?  When we were
building the TOC, I didn't see that option anywhere, and when I went
to the reference page to add formatting, I didn't see that I could add
it there either.

Thanks!

Deirdre