adding user variables to the TOC

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 12:01:42 PDT 2008

Stuart Rogers suggested:

> Caveat: I haven't tried this. But suppose you put your XX-XX-XX
> variable in a conditional paragraph ahead of the ChapterTitle paragraph,
> and include both pgfs in your TOC setup (with the first tagged as RunIn
> in the TOC). Show the condition, generate and save the TOC, then hide
> the condition.

Another variation (also untested, but I see no reason it shouldn't work):

Include the XX-XX-XX variable at the beginning of each ChapterTitle
paragraph but conditionalize it as "TOConly" (or some such condition
name). The TOC file itself would require no special setup. Just set
the TOConly condition to Show in all files immediately before updating
the TOC, then set the condition to Hide before you publish the book.
If you have FrameScript, it would be easy to write a script to toggle
the condition, update the TOC, and toggle the condition back to hide.

-FR