getting confused about xref variables and paragraph tags

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Tue Jun 17 09:39:09 PDT 2008

That big "T" is a marker used by the cross-references to find the target
paragraph. You seem to be aware of this.

If you've removed it from a paragraph, the cross-references to that
paragraph will be unresolved.

As far as I can tell from your description, the cross-references are
still set to use the "Company Name" tag, but they are not pointing to
any particular paragraph tagged "Company Name."