Overrides

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 04:23:04 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 3:45 PM, William Abernathy <william at inch.com> wrote:
--snipped--

> Richard's solution is spot-on. For a long time, I deleted any extra spaces I saw
> at the end of a paragraph,
--snipped--

> --William

Actually, there is one downside to this that I frequently come across,
but this has mainly to do with headings that go into a ToC or the
like. If you leave a space at the end of a heading also this space
will be imported to the ToC too, so that if you have a dotted tab
after the heading it will add space before the tab dotted line.

Also, and this appears mainly in narrow columns, trailing spaces
somtimes affect the line it appears in if the line is just on the
verge of splitting. I can see this by removing the space, then the
whole line rearranges itself on the screen (filling the not so empty
space to the right). I have not tested this thoroughly with printed
samples though.

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.