How FM use impacts purchasing decisions

Dennis Brunnenmeyer dennisb at chronometrics.com
Thu Jun 19 23:07:59 PDT 2008

As of tonight (June 19th), the HP Compaq web site still lists their
top-end notebooks with "Vista downgrade to Windows XP"  as an optional OS.

My HP/Compaq nw8000 has given excellent service. The HP Compaq 8710w
available now is a relatively costly computer but inexpensive when
you consider its value with respect to salaries and time.

Dennis Brunnenmeyer
***************************************
At 01:06 PM 6/19/2008, Rene Stephenson wrote:
>You're right, Dennis. I checked with an IT guru buddy who has done a
>lot of reworks of Vista machines when his clients got bitten by one
>of its bugs and wanted to roll back to XP, and he said it was a
>complete nightmare, every single time, and a couple of times was
>such a colossal headache that he just told the client to return the
>computer for a refund and buy an XP machine. He said if I go to a
>Vista box, I'd better be prepared to do it come what may without looking back.
>

>Rene L. Stephenson

Dennis Brunnenmeyer
Director of Engineering
CEDAR RIDGE SYSTEMS
15019 Rattlesnake Road
Grass Valley, CA 95945-8710
Office: (530) 477-9015
Fax:  (530) 477-9085
Mobile: (530) 320-9025
eMail:  dennisb /at/ chronometrics /dot/ com