degree symbol

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Jun 20 09:04:09 PDT 2008

Shuttleworth, Roger wrote:
> The Character Sets PDF available from the Help menu lists the following for Windows:
>
> Alt 0176	Symbol font	CrtlQ, 0 - but gives it an infinity symbol!
>
> Alternatively, I find you can use Ctrl-Q,{ in the standard font (I'm using Stone Serif).

Careful -- these shortcuts in FM are case-sensitive, and the symbols are
not identical.

The first key combination is CTRL + q (lowercase, not Q).
Following that with a curly bracket produces the Ring symbol (an accent
used in some languages).
Following CTRL + q with a less-than sign produces the degree symbol.

(If you type one after the other, you'll see there is a difference in
appearance between the ring and the degree symbols.)

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

In matters of politics, I never believe anything until it's officially
denied.