How FM use impacts purchasing decisions

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Fri Jun 20 12:36:23 PDT 2008

Depending upon how much memory is on you video card and the size of various
system BIOS and memory mapped i/o device card buffers, most if not all of the
memory space above 3GB is unavailable for mapping of real memory both for
XP and Vista 32-bit versions. It is the 64-bit versions of Vista on 64-bit versions of
Intel and AMD processors that removes that restriction. In other words, Vista 32
won't help you on this.

        - Dov