How FM use impacts purchasing decisions

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 12:51:36 PDT 2008

Trialware/shovelware is a PITA, just one more thing to muddle through when you buy a computer, as if installing all the gobs of software and plugins that you really DO need and twiddling with all the UI settings isn't timeconsuming enough—which is precisely why my new desktop is still in the box a month after I bought it:  too many deadlines and obligations to fit into waking hours and still have time for PC configuration.

Rene L. Stephenson