build-friendly PDF distiller?

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Jun 23 10:21:30 PDT 2008

It's about licensing. "Regular" Distiller is for a single user.
Distiller Server probably is like FrameMaker Server - mostly the same
abilities as the non-server product, but requires a server-size and
server-priced license.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Bill Swallow <techcommdood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm looking for PDF distillers that can be used in an automated build
> environment (that is, no particular end user). Acrobat's ULA pretty
> much frowns upon this use of Distiller. I know there's a Server
> version of Distiller that can be used... Are there others, either from
> Adobe or non-Adobe?

Third-party PDF creation tools probably cost in relation to single- or
multi-user ability, and quality of PDF. If you're printing four-color
fine photographic content to paper, you'll need a tool that creates a
press-quality PDF.

HTH

Regards,

Peter