Unwanted re-ordering of files in booked publications

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed Mar 5 08:10:49 PST 2008

I can verify this behavior. on FM7, fully patched, Win2K. My books
are generally 15+ files. It has been a very costly bug for me. Now
that I "expect" it to happen, I check the order of the files in FM
before generating my final PDF to ensure that neither I nor my client
has any nasty surprises.

Carol

At 01:00 AM 3/5/2008, you wrote:
>found that I can reliably make a file move within today's book by
>renaming another file in the book, from the book window. If I rename
>something and end the renaming by pressing the Enter key, all is
>well. But if I end the renaming by clicking on another filename in
>the book, the file I clicked on moves within the book, at the end of
>FM's rename and save process. The file I renamed stays in place.
>Weird. And very annoying - my instinct is to end the renaming by
>clicking somewhere.

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773