FW: VISA's new PAPB, PCI, and CISP Standards

McCawley, Laurie laurie.mccawley at radiantsystems.com
Mon Mar 10 15:27:52 PDT 2008

Hi Sean,

Unfortunately (LOL), my team has experience writing documentation around all of the standards to which you make reference.  We initially developed a CISP Best Practices Guide, as it relates to our software, but this quickly migrated into a PCI DSS Data Security Handbook, once we became more educated on the standards and who is responsible for them. We also publish a Compliance newsletter every other month, and most of the articles pertain to PCI DSS compliance issues.

There is an excellent book, "PCI Compliance," that I think is worth the investment.  Just as the subtitle suggests, this book is designed to help you "Understand and Implement Effective PCI Data Security Standard Compliance."

If memory serves me correctly, there are twelve categories under which the PCI DSS standards fit.  We designed our data security handbook around these categories.  We briefly describe the requirements of each category, and then speak to what you must do within our software, or the environment under which you install it, to meet these requirements.

I will gladly share our approach to this topic with you, if you want to email me directly.

Good luck!

Laurie McCawley
Documentation Manager
Radiant Systems, Hospitality Division