Framemaker crashing when printing to ps file

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 05:37:09 PDT 2008

Assuming there aren't any Acrobat version/upgrade conflicts, most of the time this kind of odd stuff could be fixed by round-tripping the book and files through MIF: saving all the files and the book file out as .MIF, open the .MIF files and Save As .FM and .book (respectively) to overwrite the files you've been using with "cleaner" versions of code.

HTH,
Rene Stephenson

Leah Smaller <leah at compulite.com> wrote: Good morning list people,

FM 7.0
Acrobat 5.0

I usually print our Users Guides to ps file and then distill with Acrobat Distiller to get a pdf file. Always works - except today...
Framemaker froze after I clicked Print in the print dialog. No error message was generated; nothing indicated that FM was stuck.

This happened with a book file that I have pdf-ed may times in the past. I had only added a little bit of text to this book and updated to regenerate the ToC & Index.

So....I restarted my computer, tried again, same thing happened.
I did find a work around: Save as pdf! (it worked fine)

Can there be something in this particular file that is causing FM to crash? Just before this happened, I printed to a ps file & distilled and it worked fine.

TIA

Leah Smaller
Technical Communicator
Certified Feldenkrais Method practitioner
leah at compulite.com

"What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery." (Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais)