Acrobat PDF Message

Wed Mar 12 07:51:00 PDT 2008

Danny G Green wrote:

> I have been producing PDF files from FrameMaker 7 for some
> time and have just recently experienced this problem.  After
> I produce a pdf file I will clean it up by deleting some
> blank pages within the document.  When I delete a page I get
> this message "There was a problem reading this document
> (16)".  Any advice?

Can't help with the Acrobat message. (Does it prevent you from deleting
the page or have any other consequence, or is it merely annoying?)

But why are you creating PDFs with blank pages that need deleting? Do
you have disconnected pages or empty pages that use custom master pages
at the end of some of your FM files? Do you need help with FM's
pagination settings?

The correct place to fix this is in FM. Then you won't have to worry
about that Acrobat error message. :-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs