Windows command for moving a window or dialog box

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Thu Mar 13 11:55:22 PDT 2008

Rick Quatro wrote:
> Hi Framers,
>
> I have the case of the missing dialog box. What is the Windows keyboard
> shortcut for moving a dialog box or window with the arrow keys? Thank you
> very much.

If your dialog box is off-monitor, make it the active window by choosing
its command from the menu (or by typing the keyboard shortcut), then
type Alt+spacebar to activate the title bar menu, and type M for Move.
(Important! Do not move your mouse!)  Experiment with holding down
different arrow keys until the dialog box comes back into view.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

I'll stop saying Microsoft is arrogant when
Windows stops saying "Welcome" and instead asks "May I?"