FM*.TMP files cause Instability

Owen, Clint Clint.Owen at craneaerospace.com
Fri Mar 14 07:45:13 PDT 2008

This might not be relevant to FM8 or to the current discussion, but it
does cause similar instability problems on FM7, running under XP.

We found that FrameMaker creates temporary files in C:\documents and
settings\username\local settings\temp\. These files (fm*.tmp) seem to
accumulate and never get deleted automatically. Eventually some magic
number is reached and FM becomes unstable. My co-worker had over 50,000
of these on her machine! You can use a batch file to clean them out, or
you can run Disk Cleanup from the Windows control panel, which will also
fix it.

HTH,

Clint

Clint Owen
Technical Publications
Crane Aerospace & Electronics
425-743-8674

We value your opinion!  How may we serve you better?
Please click the below survey link to tell us how we are doing.

http://www.craneae.com/surveys/satisfaction.htm

Your feedback is of the utmost importance to us! Thank you for your time!

Attention:
The information contained in this email message may be privileged and is confidential information intended only for the use of the recipient, or any employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use, distribution or copying of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all attachments from your electronic files.

This email was scanned and cleared by MailMarshal.