FrameMaker 7.2 and Vista

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 09:50:49 PDT 2008

Hi Rick,

we installed FrameMaker 7.2 on a Vista Home Premium laptop (2 GB) of one
of our technical writers last year. The issues we have had so far:

    * User Access Control (UAC) did not allow us to change files in
      c:\program files, for example maker.ini. We disabled UAC.
    * FrameMaker (and also any other application) is A LOT more unstable
      on Vista than on XP.
    * Some features don't seem to work in FM on Vista, for example:
      selecting a (large) number of files in Windows Explorer and
      dragging them into a FM book.

Good luck. ;-)

Kind regards

Yves Barbion