control!

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:01:25 PDT 2008

Mollye,

I think #2 is pretty easy -- I'd just create a BookNumber variable
that lived in all of the book's component files. Pick one master file,
insert the variable in the footer on the master page(s). Then set the
contents of the variable in that master file, and Import > Formats >
Variables and Page Layouts into all the component files.

Number 1, though, I'd only try to play with if you're sure the chapter
orders are not going to change. I think the only way you could do it
automatically is with FrameScript...

I'd keep that one looser, myself, and just have separate tags for
ChapterNumber and ChapterTitle.
Then type the actual chapter title in as text. And use <$paratext>
variables or cross-references to propagate it.

Art

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 No disclaimers apply.
 DoD 358