MadCap Blaze

Sharon Burton sharon at anthrobytes.com
Thu Mar 20 16:39:51 PDT 2008

****Vendor post****

Forgive me - these are straight questions. I really don't quite understand.

What's convoluted about getting printed output out of XML, HTML, or
XHTML topics
in Blaze?

You create topics, you define and assign style sheets to topics (you can also
have multiple style sheets in one project and assign them at build time when
you create the output), you create outlines that define the content for the
output, you specify PDF, XPS, or HTML as the output, you output, and you're
done.

What other printed outputs would you want? PDF and XPS seem to be the
only ones
you can send to a printer for printed books... If your workflow needs you to
also output to Word or Frame, we have that too, but it's not really a print
output, per se.

As to XML, HTML, or XHTML not being the right data format for content,
it's the
direction the industry is moving. Data in these formats are more
extendable and
reusable than in a Word format, for example... Pretty much all CMSs, for
example, store data as one of these formats.

We've not found much that you can do in unstructured Frame that you
can't do in
Blaze. But Blaze does things that Frame can't do, like Smart Cross-references.
[see the docs or our website for what those are but they are very powerful]

As to the docs, we have a 36 page Quick Start Guide and very extensive help
system in the first beta build. This *is* a beta, so we're finishing the docs
during the beta, hopefully using info you guys give us about what else needs
tight docs. We would need to know what are you struggling with that needs more
docs?

Can you help me understand?

Quoting quills at airmail.net: