Ann: Seeking beta testers for an application that generates glossaries for FrameMaker and WebWorks

martin.smith at golehtek.com martin.smith at golehtek.com
Thu Mar 27 07:39:11 PDT 2008

Hello,

My name is Martin R. Smith and I run a consulting company that
specializes in custom application development for FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher Pro.

We are bringing an application called GlossBase to market that enables
authors to automatically generate glossaries for Adobe FrameMaker
books and on-line help systems produced using WebWorks ePublisher Pro.

GlossBase allows you to create and define glossary terms that contain
any number of paragraphs, tables, graphics, and equations using a
structured FrameMaker document. GlossBase encodes glossary terms and
definitions in XML and uploads them to a database.

When you want to generate a glossary for a book, GlossBase compares
every word in your FrameMaker source files against the database and
automatically generates a glossary of relevant terms. GlossBase can
also add the markers and apply the character formatting necessary for
WebWorks generated help systems to automatically display glossary
definitions in a secondary window.

If you are interested in being among the first to try out GlossBase,
send me an email off list.

You will need FrameMaker 7.x or above and FrameScript version 4.1 or
above to run this initial version of GlossBase.

Best regards,

Martin

Martin R. Smith
GolehTek, LLC