FM8 Unicode Font issues and suggestions

Martinek, Carla CMartinek at zebra.com
Fri Mar 28 08:10:46 PDT 2008

OK... weird things are happening.

I've got some Spanish content where I changed the font family to Arial Unicode (from plain old Arial).  Accented characters suddenly developed massive spacing around them  - for example:

     "s   ó   lo"  instead of
     "sólo"

I need to specify a Unicode font set for our FM8 docs going forward... Our current template specifies Arial and Times New Roman.  I'm not married to either of them, but I NEED Unicode fonts to work in the files I have going forward for some of my docs that have multiple languages in them.  There's 28 other languages in this same doc (a safety sheet), and I was *so* excited that I'd be able to do them all in one Frame file instead of having to use CorelDraw.

Any suggestions?  Settings to change in FM8?  Replacement Unicode fonts to use?

And of COURSE we're on a deadline...

-Carla

- CONFIDENTIAL-
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.