Large FM File

Thu May 1 12:11:16 PDT 2008

Neil Tubb wrote:

> Just a quick question- can anyone tell me why putting your
> entire 300+ page manual into one FM file would make sense? I
> was always taught that splitting it out one file per chapter
> was the safest and best way to go, but I've just seen an
> example of the one large file approach. Does anyone else do
> this? Just curious.

In my experience, this is done by people coming from MS Word and/or
unfamiliar with how FM books work. I seem to recall someone posting to
this list that they were using a single file so their figure numbering
would be continuous throughout the book. Sigh...

IMHO, there is no good reason for ever creating a single-file 300-page
manual in FM.

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs