PDF Bookmarks

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Wed May 7 07:14:45 PDT 2008

Danny,

You wrote:

>This is probably really simple, but I need some help making a PDF bookmark
>go to a specific page in another PDF document.  I have tried all of the
>actions available in the Bookmark Properties area and none of them  do
>what I want.  Will I have to write a Javascript to do this?

I assume that the question relates to adding a cross-file bookmark in the
PDF file, in Acrobat. In the bookmark properties, Actions, select the "Go
to a page view" action, and click Add. A dialog box titled "Create Go to
View" will be displayed. Open the target PDF file at the required location
(using any method you prefer in Acrobat:  File > Open, Window, activating
links in the current PDF etc.), then click the Set Link button in the
"Create Go to View" dialog box.

The relative path from the current PDF to the target PDF is registered in
the bookmark action.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType, http://www.microtype.com * ToolbarPlus Express for FrameMaker
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat
TimeSavers/Assistants