Framemaker Books

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Wed May 7 08:41:24 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Deirdre Reagan <deirdre.reagan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
>  I know this topic was just covered, and I've searched for it in the
>  archives, but I'd like also to get your opinions.
>
>  I've been told that Framemaker:  Classroom in a Book is an excellent
>  resource for learning FM.  But on Amazon, the reviews are very poor.

Very good for starting on your own. Helpful for preparing for
intensive courses, like BrightPath's Bootcamps and for others too, I'm
sure.

>  Framemaker 7:  The Complete Reference by O'Keefe has good reviews, but
>  it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

I highly recommend this book. Look for it at http://www.scriptorium.com/
It is not a "Complete Reference" as included in the first title, but
an excellent textbook.

>  Framemaker 6: Beyond the Basics by Jahred has outstanding reviews but
>  it also is no longer available.

Don't know it.

HTH,

Bodvar

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.