Questions about look and feel

Dan.Gallagher at ametek.com Dan.Gallagher at ametek.com
Mon May 12 11:33:23 PDT 2008

It seems that the resolution on paper (no pixels) would be crisper than on
screen. So to me the serif fonts would be too cluttery on screen.
Cheers,
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale

Kelly, this is the best description I've seen so far on why serif fonts
might be easier to read on the printed page.

It doesn't seem to address, though, why serif fonts might NOT be ideal
on the screen.  I suspect that the simpler forms are easier to read in
the constant light emitted from an electronic display, but that isn't
stated precisely...